|Terms and Conditions Relating to the Hire of Pavilions |
All hirers must undertake to:
1. All applications for the use of the premises shall be made on the prescribed form and received at The Council Offices at least 7 days before the premises are required along with the applicable fee and deposit of £50;
2. Return all keys to the Town Council offices at the end of the session;
3. Pay for any wilful damage;
4. Leave the pavilion in a clean and tidy manner such as you would expect to find it with all lights, showers, heaters and taps switched off before leaving
5. No disorderly conduct and no obscene language shall be allowed in the premises
6. Cancellation of hire must be in writing to reach The Council Offices not later than 48 hours before the date of the booking. If written cancellation is not received within this time a charge of 50% will be made.
7. The Town Council will not accept any responsibility for any loss or other expense howsoever incurred by the hirer in the event of a cancellation by the Town Council of the letting as a result of circumstances beyond their control. The decision of the Town Council as to whether the letting should be cancelled shall be binding on the hirer for the purpose of this clause.
8. The Town Council reserves the right to refuse any application for the hire of the premises.
9. The premises may be used only for purposes which are compatible with the use for which the premises are designed and which have been stated on the application form.
10. The hirer shall introduce no furniture or equipment or fix anything to the walls unless special permission has been obtained from the Council.
11. The hirers should observe such safety conditions as are required by the Town Council. They should familiarise themselves with these and the Fire Precautions.
In turn the Town Council will do its best to ensure that the pavilion and associated equipment is fit for use.
To assist the Council users are requested to report any problems or damage to the Town Council offices, Peel Street, Houghton Regis (01582 708540) as soon as possible.
No parking spaces are available - the nearest Public Car Park is in Tithe Farm Road opposite the Town Centre.